ASO's 5th UK Congress on Obesity
The Association for the Study of Obesity (ASO) is holding its 5th UK Congress on Obesity on Thursday 5th and Friday 6th September, 2018, at Newcastle University.
This year's congress theme is 'Preconception to Pension: Obesity through the Life Course'.
Plenary speakers include:
- Dr João Breda, WHO Europe;
- Dr Alison Tedstone, Public Health England;
- Professor Ashley Adamson, Newcastle University;
- Dr Andrew Beamish, University of Gothenburg, Sweden;
- Professor John Mathers, Newcastle University;
- Professor Regine Steegers, Erasmus MC, The Netherlands;
- Professor Rachel Batterham, University College London;
- Dr Mario Siervo, Newcastle University;
- Professor Damian Bailey, University of South Wales;
- Professor Henning Bliddal, Copenhagen University, Denmark;
- Professor Roland Devlieger, KU Leuven, Belgium;
- Professor John Chambers, Imperial College London;
- Professor Lucilla Poston, Kings College London;
- Professor Annie Anderson, Dundee University;
- Professor Keith Godfrey, Southampton University;
- Professor Roy Taylor, Newcastle University;
- Dr Charlie Foster, University of Bristol;
- Dr Sam Catoni, University of Sheffield;
- Dr Alison Fildes, University College London;
- Professor Daniel Nettle, Newcastle University.
ASO have collaborated with Newcastle University and Fuse, the centre for Translational Research in Public Health, to design this year's programme.
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday 8th June.
To find out more about the programme visit the conference website.